One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Pilot
Rais Ubaid Rais Ubaid Member Join date: Aug, 2012 Posts: 4 Points: 0
Thank you so much for your valuable feedback, I checked the IAANZ, its 75000NZD for CPL, I am a Sri Lankan National obtaining a US visa should not be problem, mean time my friend just completed his CPL training in US. I am funding myself, I would prefer an affordable place for me, US would cheaper than other places, can you please advise me a place in US to do the CPL for a reasonable cost as in Max 30,000USD if you could suggest me a few Institutes I will check it out, thanks again
  • August 10, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi, The major cost factor of the CPL program is the cost of hiring aircrafts and fees of Hiring varies for each aircraft depending on the carrying capacity and also based on whether it is a Single Engine or Twin engine. On an average the cost of Hiring per hour will be in the range of 100$ to 150$. So if you want to about 200 hours of  flying you would end up spending atleast 35,000 to 45,000$. Plus you would need to spend a minimum of 10,000 to 15,000$ on your Theory. In total you might end up spending atleast 45 to 50,000$ overall for a CPL. 

The Commercial Pilot Licence minimum requirements in USA are 150 hours of aeronautical experience which consists of:

• 50 hours dual training
• 70 hours as pilot in command
• 20 hours of cross country flight time as pilot in command
• 10 hours of Instrument flight time
• The student must also hold a Class 1 medical and have a pass in all CPL theory subjects prior to the flight test.

Try the following schools in USA. 

Middle Georgia College Cochran, Georgia

WINGS Institute of Global Careers Inc.Paranaque, Everglades University - Sarasota Sarasota, Florida

Ballard Aviation Laverne, California

Air D Inc.Backus, Minnesota

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University - Prescott Prescott,Arizona

Falcon Aviation Academy Peachtree City, Georgia

San Joaquin Valley College Fresno, California

Delaware Aviation Center, LLC New Castle, Delaware

Wish you all the best. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Pilot'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.