One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Please Review my GRE and TOFEL scores
Suguresh Kumar Arali Suguresh Kumar Arali Member Join date: Jul, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hi Sir, My GRE score is Verbal reasoning - 136, quantitative reasoning-147, analytical writing - 2.5 , total = 285 score. My TOEFL Score is Reading -19, Listening- 15, Speaking – 19, Writing -21 , Total score - 74 . I have 62% aggregate in B.E in ECE, please tell me that can I get universities?
  • July 24, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (2)

Sasidharan Nambiar Sasidharan Nambiar Expert Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 130 Points: 1935 Trusted Advisor

Hi,

Good Morning!

Frankly speaking your scores are not good and you cannot be looking at any of the US universities in the top 300.

But you could look at the lower down universities in the US. For universities in UK, Australia, etc you would be able to get an admission.

All the Best!

Sasidharan Nambiar | IMTP Consultants
Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi, I would recommend you to rewrite GRE and look at a score of about 300 to get in to good Universities and also improve your chances of Visa. You academic record of 62% is also average and so would ask you to do a retest and score in the range of 300.  Most Universites have a minimum deadline of 79 in TOEFL and so would definitely have to retake your TOEFL as well and score atleast 80 plus. 

All the best. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Please Review my GRE and TOFEL scores'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.