One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Please suggest me Universities and probable Funding option available for US univ
Asesh Ghosal profile image Asesh Ghosal Member Join date: May, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

Profile: 10th: 82% || 12th: 88.5% || GPA (UG: 8.11/10)

University: West Bengal University of Technology

Summer Internship: IIT Guwahati (Dept. Comp Sci & Engg) - Data Mining

Publications: 2 (Image Processing)

Work Experience: 1 Year as Programmer Analyst, Cognizant Technologies Solutions

Please suggest me US Universities for Phd (Data Mining | Image Processing) with funding options available. My only point of concern is funding & finance.

• May 12, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Dr. Shakil Khan Dr. Shakil Khan Expert Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 64 Points: 1135 Trusted Advisor

Congratulations! You have great credentials.

Have you done GRE and IELTS?  Those are pre-requisites for admissions to any US school.

There are many universities you can apply to, but if funding is your major problem, I am afraid you have limited choices, because scholarships and loans are generally not available to foreign students, unless they are exceptionally bright.

I would suggest that you do your GRE and IELTS first and if you secure really high score, go shopping with that in hand and you have a better chance of getting into a good school.

Dr. Shakil Khan | Dominican International Institute

Add a quick reply to 'Please suggest me Universities and probable Funding option available for US univ'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.