One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Job Prospects of MS in Civil Engineering in US
Vivek Kumar profile image Vivek Kumar Member Join date: Jul, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Im concerned about getting job after pursuing ms in civil engineering . which branch of civil engineering would be better for getting job in us.
  • July 02, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Kunal Ambasht Kunal Ambasht Expert Join date: Jul, 2013 Posts: 36 Points: 540 Trusted Advisor

Dear Vivek,

Before trying to answer your question with statistics on the industry growth etc., I wanted to share some key points on how organizations offer jobs to students pursuing Masters degree in various US Universities. The whole process of career planning and job application starts quite early. After first semester i.e. six months, students start looking out for networking opportunities with prospective employers for internships and projects. Most employers want to observe candidates over a period of time and through multiple rounds of interviews. To come to the point, I would recommend you to study a specialization which you are passionate about. You can always broaden your focus area after you discuss your plans with your Academic Advisor(who will be assigned to you after you get an admit). Hope this helps.

Kunal Ambasht | EGE Global Education

Add a quick reply to 'Job Prospects of MS in Civil Engineering in US'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.