One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 5 posts
Am I eligible to apply for study visa despite of my age, and study gap?
Zeeshan Javed profile image Zeeshan Javed Member Join date: Mar, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I am 37years old female, have done MSc. & BSc. in Botany in 2000. I am working as scientist in a biotechnology company since 2005.I have done GRE with good scores and IELTS 7Band. Now i want to persue MS/Mphill in Biotechnology in Australia. I want to ask am i eligible to apply for study visa despite of my age, and study gap. I really appreciate if you recommend me a road map. Thanks
  • March 06, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (5)

Madhan Kumar Madhan Kumar Contributor Join date: Feb, 2013 Posts: 27 Points: 390
Hi Zeeshan, I dont think there is an age limit to apply for a student visa. But you should have a valid reason for the gap that you had. If you can convince the visa officer with the reason, you will be qualified. I appreciate your interest and congrats for your scores! All the Best!
Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor
Hi, Gap is not an issue as long as you can account for the gap with relevent work experience or Education. If you have been sitting idle for a long time, then the visa officer will look at your Visa file rather negatively. But in general, age is not a restrictive factor for Universities as long as you are academically strong and you work expereince is relevant to the program you are applying for. Plus the visa officer might check for your Financial ability to complete the program. Check out for Scholarships or you might have to show proof of funds either through a Bank loan or through funds supported by your parents or Self owned Liquid funds ( SB or FD). Start an early application as July intake is getting close. Wish you all the best.
Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Shamala Kiran profile image Shamala Kiran Member Join date: Mar, 2013 Posts: 2 Points: 20

I don't think this should be an issue. 

Admin Uni Admin Uni Member Join date: Mar, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 10
Hi, Shamala Kiran.. We have removed the contact details from your comment . We request you not to provide any contact details in the forum. Thanks for participating in the forum.
Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor
Hello, If I am right, I guess you earlier applied to USA student visa for few years and now wish to try your luck at Australia studies. I feel you should apply to Australia as you have reasonably good profile and your gap will not work against you as long as you show related work experience during the gap period. You will need to arrange finance for student visa to Australia and bank educational loan from nationalized and multinational banks is acceptable. All the best! Regards, Richard Lasrado
Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'Am I eligible to apply for study visa despite of my age'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.