One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 5 of 67 posts
post graduate course in u.k after mbbs in india
Ida Meury profile image Ida Meury Member Join date: Oct, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
i have finished my mbbs course in sept-2012 in india... i need to join in post graduate course in u.k .. do i need to take plab for joining in post graduate course..
  • October 26, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (67)

Sasidharan Nambiar Sasidharan Nambiar Expert Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 130 Points: 1935 Trusted Advisor

Hi,

Good Morning.

You neednot do  plab for joining for a P.G course. However you cannot do a surgical program unless you are registered under the U.K Medical Council.. So you can start preparing for PLAB and take this examination while doing you Masters.

For registration in the Medical Council you need all band 7  in your IELTS.

With Best Wishes,

Sasidharan Nambiar

Sasidharan Nambiar | IMTP Consultants
Shankar Rajkumar profile image Shankar Rajkumar Member Join date: Dec, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 20

Hi.

im dr.rajkumar.i was completed my mbbs in march 2014.im intersted in doing postgraduate in u.k.plz give me your valuable information and requirments  for joining pg in u.k

Khushboo Gera Khushboo Gera Expert Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 88 Points: 1295 Trusted Advisor

Dear Dr.Rajkumar,

Hope you are fine.

Thanks for the query.

You can apply for Post graduate course from UK universities.Most of the universities ask for PLAB exam and a minimum of 2 years of work-experience excluding the internship period.University of Buckhingam offers a masters in internal medicine course without PLAB and work-experience.

Universities also need IELTS overall 7.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to contact me in case of any further queries.

Regards

Khushboo Gera

Team Hotcourses India

Khushboo Gera | Hotcourses India
Tanya Aggarwal profile image Tanya Aggarwal Member Join date: Apr, 2015 Posts: 1 Points: 5

hey m tanya aggarwal m in second yr mbbs i am willing to do my post graduation in uk what is the procedure to apply for the papers and admission and applications for it 

Khushboo Gera Khushboo Gera Expert Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 88 Points: 1295 Trusted Advisor

Dear Tanya,

Hope you are fine.

Thanks for the query.

In order to apply for a post graduation course in medicine from UK you need to have a minimum of 2 years work-experience so that you become eligible to appear for PLAB.

Universities also ask for an overall IELTS score 7.The application process is not very lengthy and it will start 1 year prior to the intake you are targetting.The PLAB and IELTS should be taken before you apply.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to contact me in case of any query.

Regards

Khushboo Gera

Team Hotcourses India

Khushboo Gera | Hotcourses India

Add a quick reply to 'post graduate course in u.k after mbbs in india'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.