One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Value of post graduate diploma in computer science from NewZealand
Mehtab Ahmed Mehtab Ahmed Member Join date: Jul, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I want to do post graduate diploma in computer science from New Zealand. I wanted to know the value of this degree and the job prospects; I have no work experience as I have just completed my bachelors from India. One of my friends who stay in Auckland said that it could get a little difficult for me to get the job as my education level would b level 8 and as I dint carry any work experience. But my research also shows the skill I’m going for, that is computer science, in is great demand. So it would be of great help if you could provide with clear details about the value of the degree globally n the job prospects. AUT and UNITEC INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY - I have chosen. Thank u
  • July 26, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: New Zealand

Replies (1)

Madhan Kumar Madhan Kumar Expert Join date: Feb, 2013 Posts: 601 Points: 9315

Hi Mehtab,

your friend is correct in terms of getting a job after completing your studies..

There are two aspects that you need t think of

1. You have to compete with experienced persons in your industry, as you will be valued as a fresher

2. Generally,Masters is most preferred than a PG Diploma holder so, one who completed his masters will have a better opportunity than a person with PG Diploma..

However, academics matter in your case.. if you can able to excel in academics and your project .. you can definitely have a good opportunity in job.. Interest and passion matters in the end..

Add a quick reply to 'Value of post graduate diploma in computer science from NewZealand'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.