One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Is it difficult to get a citizenship after education in Australia?
Dip Saha profile image Dip Saha Member Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 3 Points: 0

I have come to know from few people that in Australia it's very difficult to get PR or TR and become a citizen eventually after studing there. Is it true?? i am planning to study there and settle down eventually. but if am not able to get pr then its pointless for me to go and study there. can someone please help me with this issue and provide me informaion about the process of getting PR or TR in Australia

• August 28, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: Australia

Replies (1)

Ashwin Sriram Ashwin Sriram Expert Join date: Jul, 2014 Posts: 50 Points: 720

Hi Saha, like most countries abroad, the process of immigration, work visa and post-study work options are dependent on a lot of factors. Countries like Germany and Norway encourage immigrants whereas countries like UK have drawn up tight visa plans to cut down their immigration population. So it's hard to guarantee a job post graduation in any country. But countries like Australia and New Zealand are very organised in these matters and they have a point system to determine the human resource needs of the country. So for example, if there is a big demand for IT professionals then you can find them on top of the labour requirements list. One of the best places to get this list is in IDP, Chennai. But if you are looking for free guidance on applications, course selection, University selection, visas and more, then you should register in Uniguru's new site - Hotcourses India.

Hotcourses India (formerly Uniguru)

Add a quick reply to 'Is it difficult to get a citizenship after education in Australia?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.