One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Ananth Ananth profile image Ananth Ananth Member Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hi Sir/Mam, This is Ananth C. Sir, I had secured an aggregate 76% first class with distinction in my B.E and 89% in X and XII standard.. I don't have TOEFL/ IELTS score.. I have 3 years of working experience ( 1 year in India and 2 years in U.A.E).. Can please tell me the probability of getting an admission for M.Sc Civil engineering in NUS for Jan'2013 intake..
  • March 29, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (2)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi Ananth, NUS is the top ranked University in Singapore and in general requires students with 80% plus in their UG to apply for Masters. But your marks ( 76% ) is not far from the requirement and plus you have work experience and it will be add weightage to your application. If you have a GRE score, it will give you an added weightage. 

You can apply for Jan 2013 intake and the website says, 3rd Sept to be the deadline but will advise you to put in the applciation before June to stand a chance.I will rate your chances as 50: 50 for MS Civil Engineering. Look for the specilisation programs in Civil ( with Structual or Geotechnical or project Management). 

NUS also offers lots of scholarships and look at the NUS website for more info. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Ananth,

Thank you for your query. 

I assume that your interest is in Course work when applying for M.Sc Civil Engnn at NUS. Your profile seems to be reasonably good for admission purpose. However admission is not just based on your academics but your overall profile and the type of  work you have been involved in your 3 years of work experience. Further I will request you to apply early for Jan 2013 intake.

I find it will be difficult for you to get admission in Research work for M.Sc Civil Engnn and moreover you will have to take GRE. The deadline for the research work program is much early and I feel you probably will be late to apply for it and to meet all the admisison requirement.

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.