One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 3 posts
Please evaluate my profile and tell me if I am eligible for Mcomp (IS specialization) from NUS / MSIS from NTU
Shreya Sinha Shreya Sinha Member Join date: Jul, 2014 Posts: 4 Points: 21

Hi,

I am planning to apply to the MComp (mostly IS specialization) program at NUS. My profile is :

GRE - 314 TOEFL - 115 UG from Pune University - ~70% (First Class with Disctinction) and 2+ years of work ex in a fortune 500 MNC in the core development area. I want to know how good are my chances of getting in?

I was also planning to apply to the MSIS program at NTU. Is my profile good for that? Also, is the course as widely recognised as a Ms in MIS from a US university?

• July 31, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Singapore

Replies (3)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Shreya,

I find your profile good enough for admission at NTU for MSIS. However, having stated that it is wise to apply to minimum 6 to 8 universities of your choice that match your profile so that you have minimum one admission with you (law of probability). Admission in good universities are based on total number of applications received for a particular intake and your profile visa-vis others. As admission seats are limited it is important to apply early to avoid any last minute hassles. Some universities have more than one deadline and hence apply early improve your admission chances.

NTU MSIS is quite popular and as such as acceptable as MIS in USA Universities.

Best regards,

Richard Lasrado

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Hi Richard,

That adivse was definitely very helpful. Could you also please let me know my chances for getting into the MComp at NUS? I am planning to apply for the January intake.

Also, would it be possible for you to review my personal statement that i have drafted so far?

Thanks and Regards,

Shreya

Hi Richard,

I have another query regarding graduate studies in Singapore.

I know that universities like NUS/NTU are globally recognized but is Masters in Computing given the same stature as a MS in CS from a US university in the USA job market? That is, what are the job prospects of a MComp (NUS) graduate student  in USA? How difficult/easy is it to get a job there in case one graduates from NUS?

Thanks and Regards,

Shreya

Add a quick reply to 'Please evaluate my profile and tell me if I am eligible for Mcomp (IS specialization) from NUS / MSIS from NTU'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.