One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Profile evaluation for MS in CS in USA
Neha Pradhan Neha Pradhan Member Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

Could you please evaluate my profile? Following are my details:

GRE: 315 Quant:156 Verbal:159 AWA: 3.0

Graduation; B.E. Computer Science and Engg CGPA:8.74

12th: 71.16%

10th: 90.16%

Projects: 1 mini project in computer graphics

1 major project in image processing

1 project in development of Online Test Taking System using Java/J2EE 

Work Experience: 4 years by September, 2015 in TCS

Papers: None

Universities that I am contemplating to apply for:

1. USC

2. Penn State

3. Rutgers

4. SUNY, Stony Brook

5. Universtity of Utah

6. ASU

7. MSU

Are the universities I have selected within the set of those that are practical for me to apply to? Please advice. 

Thanks in advance

• August 29, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Navdeep Kaur Navdeep Kaur Expert Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 54 Points: 785

Hi Neha,

Greetings from Hotcourses!

First of all, you have an excellent profile to apply in IVY league Universities like Yale University, University of Pennsylvania, Harvard University and Princeton University which speacializes in their Computer Science program. There are many Universities where you can apply other then these.

As your CGPA 8.74 which is approx. 3.70-4 out of 4 which is an execellent GPA Score, many Universities like PennState, Princeton University are asking for min.3 out of 4. Other than this you have a score of 315/340 in GRE which is also a very good score and it will become very easy for you to get an admssion on your academic basis, but USA is such a country where Universities give you admission on a holistic approach they overall check your profile academically as well as how you are as a person which includes extra curricular activities and any kind of participations or projects you have taken/participated in. Your experience with TCS will also enhance your profile.

Yes, you meet the admission criteria in the above mentioned Universities but there are many more Universities matching your profile which are Top as well as comes under IVY league.

Apart from these tests and projects you have to write an English profieciency test also which is TOEFL/IELTS you can choose either of them, the requirements are 90IBT (Internet based Test) out of 110 in TOEFL and 7 bands overall with no band less than 6.5 each in IELTS.

These Universities accept application for Fall intake only, you may apply for the same!

You will also require three (3) LOR's (Letter of Recommendation) one from the HOD and one from your assist.Professor and one from your Employer. We will surely assist you for the same. Along with the Following tests and LOR's you will be required to write a SOP ( Statement of Purporse) and then you can start up with the process!

To get more list of universities with their requirements please get yourself registered on our website www.hotcoursesabroad.com/india/ OR you can also contact us directly visa phone at 011-49196912.

For any other query please don'y hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards,

Navdeep Kaur

Team Hotcourses

Add a quick reply to 'Profile evaluation for MS in CS in USA'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.