One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Hi, please suggest universities for MS (CSE) suitable for my profile
Navjot Nagra Navjot Nagra Member Join date: Jul, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

Hi, please suggest universities for MS (CSE) suitable for my profile for Spring 2015 intake.

GRE : Verb -152 Quant-156 total -308

Ielts : 7.5 overall

Graduation :8.66

Work exp: 2 Years

Till now I thought of these:

University of Southern California 

University of North Carolina , Charlotte

Please suggest the chances for the above universities and also suggest more for my profile.

Expecting a Quick Responce , Thanks in advance.

• July 21, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Jyoti Sharma Jyoti Sharma Expert Join date: Sep, 2014 Posts: 95 Points: 1595

Dear Navjot,

Greetings from Hotcourses India.

I have gone through the profile and you really have a chance to get through the universities you have finalized. You may also go for the below mentioned options:

1- Northcarolina State University

2- Iowa State University

3- University of California - Riverside

Universities in the States consider the overall profile which includes CGPA/GPA/%age, GRE, IELTS/TOEFL and the work experience.

Other than the factors mentioned above, please work on the following components as well:

1- Strong Statement of Purpose: It consist the purpose of going for this particular course, area of specialization, university and the country. You may include the internships, projects, research papers as well to make the profile strong, If any. You may add on the extra-curricular activities such as sports and social servicing and the certificates or awards received for the same. All in all, it portray your personality and real you

2- Strong Letter of Recommedation: Since you have the work experience, you may arrange one professional LOR and two Academic or vice-versa

I would suggest you to register on so that we can support you with the writing supplements, shortilisting some more options which are the good fit with your profile, detailed research, application filling and review. You may also contact me at 011-49196911.

I look forward to hear from you soon.

Jyoti Sharma

Hotcourses team

Add a quick reply to 'Hi'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.