One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Query about qualification
Gokul Ramanan Gokul Ramanan Member Join date: Jan, 2014 Posts: 3 Points: 0

I just now completed B.E.Biomedical Engineering with 71% from PSG TECH,Coimbatore,Tamil nadu.I want to pursue M.S.Biomedical Engg/Bioengineering in United States.

My positives:have a patent pending, have 2 journal publications and good in my project works

My negatives:Have 16 arrear history(backlogs)

ILETS:7.0   GRE:315

Suggest some good universites for MS programme based on my profile and also suggest some PhD programmes  (if possible)

---------------Awaiting your reply--------------------

• May 11, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Gokul,

If you could present your case well by writing a good SOP and taking good reference letters than you have high chance of not only getting admission but also partial or full scholarship considering the fact that you have couple of patents and publications in journals pending. Try to apply to universities which have good research work and have good research funding. Your academic backlogs are certainly constrains but you need to highlight your strengths (research background) in your SOP to prove that you are a good candidate for their program. All the best!

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'Query about qualification'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.