One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Query relating to the study of Astronomy and Astrophysics
Mohit Ladkani profile image Mohit Ladkani Member Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hello Sir, Im a student of std 9 in Mumbai. I wish to pursue Astrophysics (particle physics and cosmology as well) after my Hsc. Is it possible for me to pursue it in a university in US/UK after Hsc even if I do not have a respective citizenship. And in the present scenario the education systems have changed so in order to go abroad which entrance examination would I have to go through and which are the universities regarding it abroad. What would be the general fee regarding it? awaiting reply.. Thank you
  • March 28, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United Kingdom

Replies (1)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Yes, you will find good number of US/UK universities offering Astronomy and Astrophysics major in the BS degree program after your HSC (12th grade) even if you do not have the citizenship of US/UK. You will apply for student visa in each of the country and will have to fulfill the visa requirements to pursue the degree program abroad.

The course curriculum is something that individual interested candidate needs to check on each university website as they may differ from university to university. Most of the US/UK University do display their course curriculum offered under Astronomy and Astrophysics on their university website.

The USA universities require you to take SAT I and TOEFL test and UK prefers IELTS. IELTS is acceptable in both US and UK and as such you may not take TOEFL if you apply to both these countries. 

The total one year fees could be approx INR 10 to 15 lacs for USA Universities and INR 8 to 12 lacs per year for UK Universities. USA BS degree is of 4 years period and UK BS degree is of 3 years period.

List of few USA Universities offering undergraduate courses:

1. The University of Texas at Austin

2. Michigan State University

3. SUNY -Stony Brook

List of few UK Universities offering Astronomy and Astrophysics:

1. University of Birmingham

2. Cardiff University

3. University of Glamorgan

Regards,

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'Query relating to the study of Astronomy and Astrophysics'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.