One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Question about how to explain weakness of student
Seema Shah Seema Shah Member Join date: Jan, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0
For application for PhD in engineering it is asked to write " what do you consider to be your weakness" Can you guide me in this area
  • January 23, 2014
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Subhashini Vithyapathy Subhashini Vithyapathy Expert Join date: Sep, 2013 Posts: 75 Points: 1185

This is probably the most dreaded question in an application, but it’s a legitimate questions. Don’t answer with a trite response like “I’m a perfectionist” or something equally meaningless. Give a thoughtful answer. The trick is to follow it up with something you are doing to improve the “weakness”. For example if you know you are not a great speaker before a group, you might say that you get nervous when presenting before an audience, but becoming a member of Toastmasters to improve your skills and overcome the weakness. The admission team will look to your weakness and whether you can recognize your own weakness, what you’re doing about it whether you are taken any step to improve your individual strengths and weakness and make yourself as a right candidate.

Add a quick reply to 'Question about how to explain weakness of student'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.