One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Questions about college funding.
Bhuvaneshwar Mohan profile image Bhuvaneshwar Mohan Member Join date: Mar, 2016 Posts: 1 Points: 0

I'm am a student doing my 11th grade in the US right now. I just moved in and am in my H4(Dependent Visa), which makes me an international student. I will graduate high school in 2017 and will enter college by fall of 2017. I have a few queries about funding for college.

My questions are that:

1. Are there any financial aids available for international students who are planning to do their undergratuate studies in the US?

2. Are ther banks which provide education loans for non US citizens?

3.Do colleges require funds to be allocated before admission or, will there be time after being admitted?

• March 08, 2016
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Shikha S profile image Shikha S Contributor Join date: Feb, 2016 Posts: 18 Points: 430

Dear Bhuvneshwar, 

Greetings of the Day. 

Thank you for your query. I would like to inform you that there are merit based and need based scholarship available for Undergraduate Studies for International Applicant. But for that you need to be academically strong , should be participative in lot of extracurricular activities and also score good in SAT exam. These are some of the basics. 2. Education Bank Loans is what you will have to check with American Banks but would be good if you apply from India fro Bank Loans because you have Indian Citizenship till now. 3. You need to show funds during application Process but actual money is to be paid only when you have got an admit and VISA for the university and you are about to start the session at university. 

Add a quick reply to 'Questions about college funding.'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.