One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Reg:Higher studies - Marketing
Srinivasa Murthy profile image Srinivasa Murthy Member Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 2 Points: 0
I an srinivasa murthy ,I have done with my B.E (Production) in 2009 and having a work experience of 3 years into Marketing & sales and working as Sr.manager_Sales,I wanted to pursue higher education in usa.can i shift down in doin masters and suggest me the best streams
  • June 20, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi, Quite a few Engineers move to Management streams and it is not a bad option if you have the Skill sets required to become a good Manager. 

Most MBA schools require you to have 2 plus years work experience and also need a GMAT score of atleast 550 plus to be elgible for admissions, apart from a basic 4 year degree. You also need to do TOEFL score of atleast 79 along with the above mentioned requirement. GMAT is a tough exam and so require a minimum of 5 to 6 months preparation to get a score of 600 plus out of a maximum of 800. I would advise you to join a training Centre like Princeton Review to score well in GMAT. in general TOEFL does not require any major training. 

If you want to go to USA next year , Sept 2013 ( Fall), you need to put your application in the October to January period. Which means you need to have write GMAT sometime before the month of November to stand a better chance of admissions. 

Seek Universities which match your reuqirements. The fees of Universities in US vary from 20,000 $ per year to 100,000 $ per year for MBA programs. Good  streams for a Engineer are Marketing, International Business  apart from Engineering Management. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Reg:Higher studies - Marketing'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.