One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 3 posts
Regarding admission to Masters in Computer degree @ NUS for january 2013 intake.
Nishanth Priyandasvn Nishanth Priyandasvn Member Join date: Apr, 2009 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hi All, I'm Nishanth. I would like to apply for M.Comp degree @ NUS for January 2013 intake. I am currently working in a reputed MNC as Software Engineer for around 2 years. I have UG degree B.Tech (Hons) (Information and Communication Technology) awarded by Sastra University, Tanjore. My 10th and 12th percentage was 91% and 89% respectively. I have taken IELTS exam and secured the band score of 7, but I don’t have GRE (finding hard to prepare since time constraint). Could you please evaluate my profile for chances of getting admission? In NUS site it’s mentioned that it’s required to write GRE, but applications will be considered if so its submitted without GRE score. Please guide me. Thanks in advance.
  • May 11, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Singapore

Replies (3)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hi Nishant,

I am sure you know that you wish to apply to one of the best schools in Singapore for MS in Computers. I am sure you will further know that it is quite competitive to get admission in NUS. Hence, you should fulfill more than the requirements for admission and not look for concession as there is a chance of losing admission. You have a good profile and I am sure if you set your priority right you will further have a chance in getting admission at NUS. I will recommend you to take GRE and apply. All the Best!

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre
Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi Nishant,

NUS gets several hundred applications for each seat available and it is very difficult for the decision makers to accomodate every good student. Since you have completed the degree from a Deemed University, It is definitely advisable to write GRE and apply for NUS. If time is a constraint, orgranisations like Princeton Review offer Online GRE prep courses. If your UG Percentage is above 80% and if you can get about 300 Plus in GRE, you stand a good chance of getting Admission in NUS. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Patil Yogesh profile image Patil Yogesh Member Join date: Apr, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 10

Hii,, I am Yogesh Patil , I am planning to apply for the MS in NUS , I am having 95.70 percentile in GATE 2014 CSE , so is there are any chance of getting admission and whether or not i have to write GRE also ? hwo hard is to get admission there?

Add a quick reply to 'Regarding admission to Masters in Computer degree @ NUS for january 2013 intake.'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.