One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Regarding Admission
Aswin Krishna Radhakrishnan profile image Aswin Krishna Radhakrishnan Member Join date: Jul, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I have got offers from university of Bristol and in university of Auckland. But little confused in choosing the university. Please tell which is best based on prospects after completion and reputation.
  • July 17, 2012

Replies (2)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi, my preference will be University of Auckland considering the Work permits given for students who do Masters from New Zealand. UK has suspended the 2 year Post Study work Visa for this year and Government of UK is contemplating bringing back a similar visa soon. 

The prospects of a young student getting a job in NZ after a Masters at University of Auckland is very good compared to UK. Both Bristol and Auckland are Top 100 Universities and nothing much to differenciate between them. Both are very good Universities. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Selvin Noel David Selvin Noel David Member Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 7 Points: 70 Trusted Advisor

Hi,

When choosing between Universities I would suggest you look at the following criteria

1. Course Content - Look into individual course modules to see if the course covers all the subjects that you want to study. Courses with very similar names could offer entirely different modules.

2. Teaching Methodology and Faculty - Look at any unique features that the School follows in teaching the course or if there are any reputed names in the faculty, who could bring a value addition to you in the long run

3. Industry Links - are very important and hence you need to look into the links that the school may have with the industry as this would determine if you get hands on experience during your porgamme of study.

4. Tuition Fees - Look at which University offers the best value for the money you pay.

5. Immigration Rules - You need to understand that the global economic slow down has made many countries revamp their immigration rules and making it tougher for International students to stay back after their course, while some countries allow international students to stay back for a stipulated period of time. But while considering this option ensure that you take into account the existing employment records of the country as many students sometimes end up with a visal to stay back but struggle to get appropriate and suitable employment.   

Selvin Noel David | Counsellor Overseas Education

Add a quick reply to 'Regarding Admission'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.