One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Regarding F1 visa - do I have a chance?
Krish M Krish M Member Join date: Mar, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

Hi All, i have a question , i completed MCA 2008 then after i completed MS -2011 in UK after that i work 2 years in UK now. Meanwhile I applied H1B visa in the year of jan -2013 got a query about my employer when i been us consulate regarding for employer query  but my employer wasn't replied till i want to drop that H1B planning to apply student visa what are the  chances to get the visa and is it ok to apply the visa please suggest me any one

• March 17, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Dr. Shakil Khan Dr. Shakil Khan Expert Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 64 Points: 1135 Trusted Advisor

For H1B visa, you have to have an employer sponsor your application. The 2014 H1B visa quota has already been filled, to my knowledge.

To apply for F-1 Visa, you need to apply to any accredited US college and/or university. First do your home work, decide what is your goal and where do you wish to study. Once you have the answers, then apply for admission to a college or university.

There are different pre-requisites for H1B and F-1. The two types of visa are very different.

With such limited info, I am sorry a more comprehensive answer cannot be provided. In India, there are many very qualified agents who can help, or contact the US Embassy for help.

Dr. Shakil Khan | Dominican International Institute

Add a quick reply to 'Regarding F1 visa - do I have a chance?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.