One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
I want to know how my multiple exam attempts will affect me when applying to Universities and for a visa.
Avasarala Vaibhav profile image Avasarala Vaibhav Member Join date: Mar, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hello, Due to particular reasons, I couldn't write some of my semester exams well and i had passed them in 2nd attempt. Now the problem is My multiple attempts are being shown in my grade sheets. I want to know how much will it affect me while applying for the Universities and also for VISA. Thank you.
  • March 03, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor
Hi, Multiple attempts generally does have a dent on admissions. Most Universities in general have a maximum cap on the number of arrears . But then there are lots of good Universities in the world and some are sympathetic towards students if you offer a reason why you had lots of failures. Some of the embassies might take a look at individual cases and might decide on a case to case basis. They do not have a hard and fast rule. I am sure your chances are definitely lower than a student who has excellent grades with no failures. You have not indicated how many arrears you had. If it is less than 10, in general it is OK. But do not assume the worst. Do consult a good Overseas Expert, take his guidance and give it a try. Wish you all the best.
Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'I want to know how my multiple exam attempts will affect me when applying to Universities and for a visa.'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.