One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
I have a problem after adding my surname to my name. How can I solve it?
Aman Singh Aman Singh Member Join date: Sep, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 1

Hello !! My doubt is regarding name change. Problem is that I completed BTech in June 2014. Before applying for passport in July-2014, I added surname in my name. The passport has arrived showing my name and surname. Now I want to take GRE and admission abroad with my full name- including surname. But all my BTech Documents and other certificates are holding my Name without Surname. Therefore will there be any hinderance with added surname. Do I need to add my surname in all BTech Docs/Certificates or Not ? And, the SOP and LORs should be written with new name ?? Please Advice !!

• September 01, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (2)

Khushboo Gera Khushboo Gera Expert Join date: Aug, 2014 Posts: 87 Points: 1265 Trusted Advisor

Dear Aman,

Hope you are fine.

Thanks for the query.

The universities have no problem if your bachelor marksheets do not have the surname on them.

This issue can be dealt with at the time of filing the visa, we can use an affidavit as a proof that both the names belong to the same person.

We can help you with the same.Kindly get registered on the website or contact us on 011-49196900

Khushboo Gera

Team Hotcourses India.

Khushboo Gera | Hotcourses India
Zeba Akhtar profile image Zeba Akhtar Member Join date: Jan, 2015 Posts: 1 Points: 10

I agree with Aman

Add a quick reply to 'I have a problem after adding my surname to my name. How can I solve it?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.