One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Regarding NUS admission in Jan intake
Swapnil Soni profile image Swapnil Soni Member Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 2 Points: 0
I have some doubt regarding admissions. Do I need to take IELTS for admission? I have completed my schooling and college from English medium school. In this case, do I need to submit any documents to show that my academic in English medium? If university gives admission in college without accepting IELTS, Will I get any problem in VISA? Do I need to submit bank statement while applying in university? I want to take loan and without acceptance in college, I cannot apply for loan. How much cash (approx.) is needed to show? My profile: 3.7 years of experience in IT field, Onsite experience in Australia. Diploma 78% , B.E 69% What is the chance of getting selected in university with IELTS or without IELTS in Coursework?
  • June 27, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi, I guess you are looking for a Masters program at NUS Singapore. NUS requires High Academic scores ( approx 80% range) to get admissions. Plus GRE is also required along with either IELTS or TOEFL to be elgible to apply for Masters of Computing program. 

You do not need to submit any financial documents when you are applying initially. Visas to Singapore are in general quite easy and in particular Public Universities like NUS, NTU and SMU visa are approved in less than 1 week's time. 

Your BE percentage is not very high but you have a rich Onsite experience and Universities like NUS give lots of weightage to work experience and so you have a realistic chances of admissions. The website mentions that most successful candidates have a minimum GRE score of 320 (verbal & quantitative) and 3.5 (analytical); Mimimum TOEFL scores for Internet Based Test (IBT) is 90; or IELTS score of 6.0.

So prepare hard for GRE and apply well in advance to stand a chance. Log on this website for more information.

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Regarding NUS admission in Jan intake'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.