One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
requirements for banking/accounting related course
Inkul Pubby Inkul Pubby Member Join date: May, 2011 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I have completed graduation in computer science and pg in MBA {major marketing and minor finance} after which I got job in banking sector and was working from last 1.8 yrs and now want to study in banking/accounting related course in USA, what are the courses, requirements, chances and whether to go for MBA or MS.
  • March 30, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi, to do a Banking Finance and Accounting program in USA in a good Top 50 or Top 100 Business school, you need to do GMAT and look at a score of 600 plus and apply for courses atleast 8 to12 months before the start date. Some Universities insist on a Banking or Commerce UG but since you have an MBA and work experience in Banking, Universities will consider you for Banking or accounting Masters programs. My advice will be look for a MS programs in Banking or Finance.

You can look at courses in Finance and banking, Investment banking, Portfolio Management, Wealth Management, etc and look for good Universities in big cities like New York or Boston or Washington. 

When you the selection of University keep in mind the cost of the programs. Some of the best Business Schools could be as expensive as 40 to 50,000 $ per year.  

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'requirements for banking/accounting related course'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.