One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Requirements for Journalism Scholarship (Undergraduate Programme) Overseas
Huda H. Huda H. Member Join date: Jun, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 0

I'm truly interested in taking on journalism (or its variants, ie: Bachelor of Arts, Journalism or Bachelor of Science, Journalism) overseas.

Where English is the native tongue and dominant language, it would definitely be more beneficial to study journalism (in English, yes) there than in Malaysia.

But without help in funding, it isn't possible for me to complete my studies anywhere abroad. May I please know the minimum requirements for the spread of scholarships offered?

(so far most universities that offer scholarships require straight A's from A-Level or CGPA: 3.00 and I imagine government organisations ask for the same. What about CGPA: 2.50? Is it not possible anywhere?)

• June 20, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: New Zealand

Replies (2)

Andrea Angelo Andrea Angelo Expert Join date: Jun, 2014 Posts: 115 Points: 1650 Trusted Advisor

You can be eligible for a scholarships based on your previous academic performance. You also stand a chance for a scholarship after enrolling at a university, depending on your academic performance in the 1st term you may get a fee waiver or scholarship from the 2nd term onwards. Each University admission team have their own eligibility criteria and a student has to fulfill the same.

Andrea Angelo | Hotcourses India Pvt Limited
Ashwin Sriram Ashwin Sriram Expert Join date: Jul, 2014 Posts: 50 Points: 720

Hi Aerina Huda,

In about a month's time, Hotcourses India (formerly Uniguru) will have the scholarship search tool to help you locate scholarships you are eligible for. Give us a visit by late September and access the tool yourself and see what scholarships you can apply for. But each University and study destination has different rules, schemes and eligibility criteria for scholarships. While your marks are an important parameter to assess your worth for scholarships, there are other qualities that Universities explore when approving of scholarships to applicants. So don't give up hope as yet. Just register in our site and look into the various funding options available for you. Or drop by our office in Chennai or Delhi and talk to our counsellors. They can provide you guidance for free.

Team Hotcourses India (formerly Uniguru) 

Add a quick reply to 'Requirements for Journalism Scholarship (Undergraduate Programme) Overseas'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.