One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Right time to my tests GRE AND TOEFL?
Bharathi Esakkimuthu profile image Bharathi Esakkimuthu Member Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 2 Points: 0
I am now entering my 3rd year of Engineering and I am planning on applying to US universities for starting my MS in the fall of 2014. When should I take my tests GRE AND TOEFL? I will start preparing this month. I want to know if a more recent score will be preferred by the universities. Should I be talking them before the start of my final year? And do I start applying to the universities in my final year before I get all my final year scores? Please guide me
  • June 28, 2012

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi, Most US Universities open applications for the Sept 2014 ( Fall) one year ahead. Which means you need to apply for admissions in the period September till December 2013 for Fall 2014 Admissions. It will be helpful in deciding the University list if you have the GRE score with you in Sept. So the right time to write GRE is July till November period. A Score of 300 plus is considered good though a score of 320 plus could fetch you a scholarship. TOEFL Score requirement in general is 79 for most Universities but a score of 100 plus is considered very good.   Yes, you need to apply when you are in the final year itself. All the best. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Right time to my tests GRE AND TOEFL? '

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.