One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Right time to write IELTS examination and apply for a passport
Sakura L profile image Sakura L Member Join date: Aug, 2012 Posts: 3 Points: 1
Hi, I am currently studying in 11th std CBSE and want to pursue Cosmology course Undergraduate in USA. When will be the right time to write IELTS exam as next year will be really hectic and I will have board exams? And also when should I apply for my passports as my old ones have expired like 6 - 7 yrs ago and I have never used them. Thanks...awaiting reply.
  • August 29, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Sasidharan Nambiar Sasidharan Nambiar Expert Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 130 Points: 1935 Trusted Advisor

Good Afternoon.

First you should take up a passport and then apply for IELTS or TOEFL by May next year during your holidays.Next is that you have to plan to take up your SAT exams before Dec 2013. If you are looking at good Universities then you should aim for a SAT score of 2150 + out of 2400.

Regards,

Sasidharan

Sasidharan Nambiar | IMTP Consultants
Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi, IELTS is vaild for only two years and so would advise you to write it when you enter 12th standard. May be the months of July, August will be ideal to write the exam. By the way, you need your Passport to register for IELTS or TOEFL exams and it is the only ID accepted for writing the exam. In general there will two test dates available for IELTS every month in big cities but check with British Council website for the test dates.  So please apply for your passport ASAP. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Right time to write IELTS examination and apply for a passport'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.