One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Which University to study: RMIT university melbourne or University of auckland NZ?
Hardik Rao Hardik Rao Member Join date: Apr, 2013 Posts: 2 Points: 11
Hello, I have recently got a conditional offer letter from University of auckland and the course name is Masters of Commerce in Information Systems. I have also got a conditional offer letter from RMIT university melbourne and the course name is Masters of business in Information technology. So, I am really confused for which university to choose. My main goal is to get good education and have a good job after graduating from that particular university. Your reply would be a great help in choosing the university
  • April 04, 2013

Replies (2)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor
Hi Hardik, Both RMIT and University of Auckland are world class Universities and not much to differentiate between the two. In RMIT, make sure you are doing atleast a two year course to apply for the extension of visa and programs less than 2 years in Australia will not be eligible for PR. Whereas in New Zealand, any Masters program or any program above Level 7 will give you a 1 year Graduate Job Search Visa and could lead you to PR later. Both the countries gives a fair chance for a student to find job and they will also keen to retain good students. In terms of admission requirements, I always felt that University of Auckland has a slightly tougher norms compared to RMIT. Since you have admissions in both, I surmise that your academics would be quite good. End of the Day, a good student will always find ways to succeed. On a personal side, I like University of Auckland ( I might be prejudiced as I have visited University of Auckland once and the campus is beautiful). Wish you all the best.
Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Hardik Rao Hardik Rao Member Join date: Apr, 2013 Posts: 2 Points: 11
Thank you sir for your time and advice... it is really helpful to me...

Add a quick reply to 'Which University to study: RMIT university melbourne or University of auckland NZ?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.