One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
scholarship for dance
Sasha Shetty profile image Sasha Shetty Member Join date: Apr, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Sir, I am Sasha Shetty I am looking for dance scholarship, I have been trained in ballet for 10 years and in jazz, modern, and odissi for 1 year, I have been accepted into the joffrey ballet school in New York as you may know it is quite expensive for us. Right now it’s a do or die situation for me as in ballet we have a career limit if I don’t go this year I will have very troublesome years ahead and it can even be possible for my career to end please help me Thank you Sasha
  • April 20, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hi Sasha,

I am sure if you do good research you will find right USA University with good scholarship for you. You will have to do pre-application research with individual USA University to match admission and scholarship chances for you. 

I will suggest you to apply to University of Maryland - School of Theatre, Dance Performance Studies for dance scholarships. Please check their website for more details. In addition, you could apply to Eastern Michigan University for scholarships in music and dance.

It is very important to apply to minimum 8 to 10 USA Universities from whom you have received positive pre-application reply for scholarship. This is because scholarship is merit based and provided to selected few top profile student application received and not to all students who have been accepted.

You are late for scholarships for the FALL 2012 intake. If you wish to apply for next year intake than I will suggest you to check Furman University Art Scholarships, The George Snow Scholarship Fund, etc. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'scholarship for dance'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.