One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
scholarship to study in new zealand 2013
Rakshita Kumar Rakshita Kumar Member Join date: Dec, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
hey..im a year 11 student and got only 2 years to decide what I want to do for my tertiary.. i had decided to study law in auckland, New Zealand after i complete my studies in fiji islands. The problem is that my parents are findinf it quite expensive for me toi study in nz. which wud include expenses as accomodation,food,,traveeling etc. Im interested to know which scholarship should i apply for and other afvices as well...Im reli interested rto becoma a lawyer and ro study in Nz..pleaasee help :0 thankyou
  • December 23, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: New Zealand

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi, Scholarships are easily available in New Zealand for law courses. There are in general 1000 to 2000$ scholarships which will probably offset about 10 to 15% of your tuition fees provided your academic scores are good. 

As far as living expenses are concerned, you are legally allowed to work 20 hours per week and in general you can make up most of your Living expenses by working part time. Holiday season allows you to work Full time up to 40 hours per week and help you recover some part of the Tuition fees as well. Most good Universities offer law UG programs. You can check out the Universities like Otago, Canterbury, AUT, Victoria and University of Auckland for Law related programs. You might require about 20 to 25,000 NZ $ per year for your education. 

All the best. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'scholarship to study in new zealand 2013'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.