One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Scholarships and discounts for B.tech course for Indian students
Ven'Omoux A'Xu profile image Ven'Omoux A'Xu Member Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I am an Indian student and I want to study abroad in USA. But there is financial criteria that is preventing me to do so. I need colleges that have low fee structure and better quality education. Any scholarships if available .
  • April 19, 2012

Replies (1)

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6045 Trusted Advisor

Cost of education differs from country to country. US Universities are either public or private institutions. Thus, public school tuition expenses are based on nonresident costs which are less expensive than private universities. It differs from university to university ranging from public cost $ 5000 a year to $ 30000 per annum for private institutes. Whereas, living expenses come to around $10,000 a year.

Scholarships are generally based on the student’s academic performance.  Scholarships are of two types.
•Full – The Scholarship would pay for the student’s entire tuition fee; living expenses his books, etc.
•Partial – Scholarship would pay only for tuition fee. The student will have to provide for partial funding through other sources.

Tuition Waivers
A tuition waiver is a form of aid where the student need not pay the tuition fee. Again, the tuition fee may be fully waived or partially waived, depending from university to university.

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru

Add a quick reply to 'Scholarships and discounts for B.tech course for Indian students'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.