One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Scholarships & funding in the USA.
Surya Teja Surya Teja Member Join date: Aug, 2012 Posts: 2 Points: 0
What are the various types of scholarships & funding offered by universities in the USA? How can I apply for them? What should be my GRE & TOEFL scores to be eligible. Please include all the details.
  • August 09, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi, Every University in US have their own norms for Scholarships. But in general, you can look at scholarships, if you have a good 8.0 or 80% plus from a good University, a GRE score in the range of 315 to 320 ( out of 340) and TOEFL of 100 plus ( out of 120). 

Plus lots of other forms of funding like TA ( Teaching Assistantships) and RA ( Research Assistantships) are given to students based on your first semester performance in US and the rapport you build with your Professors in US. So if you did not get a Scholarship right now, do not get Disheartened. Do well after going to USA and rewards will follow you. 

Wish you all the best. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Scholarships & funding in the USA.'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.