One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Full time scholarships to study in USA.
Babina Athokpam profile image Babina Athokpam Member Join date: Aug, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Can I apply for full time scholarships in USA. I got 2 years of gap in studies??
  • September 19, 2013
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Madhan Kumar Madhan Kumar Expert Join date: Feb, 2013 Posts: 601 Points: 9315

Hi Babina, You can apply for Fullbright scholarships to avail full scholarships and to study in USA. You can also check out Uniguru's complete guide to secure a scholarship abroad , for more information.

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Babina,

Please find scholarship details on UNIGURU website.

Scholarship availability is based on funding available with the university. It is better if during pre-application research you try to find about scholarship possibility from universities you wish to apply. Further, it depends on which program you wish to apply. If it is a research based program funding opportunities are more in comparison to non-research based programs.

Your gap in education need to be justiified in your SOP and when you fill application form of these universities. I hope you gained some work experience during the two year gap.

Please check individual university website as you need to fulfill admission requirements displayed on it and apply before deadline. Most universities have scholarship deadline a year in advance i.e., Sept/Oct'13 to 15th  January'14 are scholarship deadlines for FALL 2014 (August/Sepetember 2014) intake.

All the best!

Richard Lasrado, Education Abroad Counselling Centre, Mumbai, India

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'Full time scholarships to study in USA.'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.