One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 4 posts
Selection criteria for abroad studies
Yash Mayur profile image Yash Mayur Member Join date: Apr, 2013 Posts: 3 Points: 20
I m studying at BE instrumentation. I want to appear for GRE and TOEFL Exams. I got a year drop at first year engineering. Do my academic record affect any selection in universities of USA or any other selection criteria?
  • December 06, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (4)

Madhan Kumar Madhan Kumar Expert Join date: Feb, 2013 Posts: 601 Points: 9315

Hi Yash, It wont get affected provided you give a valid reason for the drop.

Yash Mayur profile image Yash Mayur Member Join date: Apr, 2013 Posts: 3 Points: 20

Hi praveen,where to give valid reason & How to give it,means is it in an interview or SOP or in an application letter or in visa interview ? please help.

Antony Chacko profile image Antony Chacko Contributor Join date: Oct, 2011 Posts: 15 Points: 198

Hi Yash, if you have a gap year the universities and the visa officers will be interested in knowing why the gap happened. You need to confidently explain the reason for the gap. The explanation can be given to the university during the admission interview and to the visa officers during the visa interview. Your SOP's are largely focdused on why you want to study your desired course at the university of your choise and how you will benefite from it.

All the best

Thankyou Antony & Praveen for your Advice.

Add a quick reply to 'Selection criteria for abroad studies'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.