One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Sir i have completed my B.Tech with 63 % and i got 16 backlogs. Do i have any chance in getting a university seat in either canada or u.s. YTG Toefl and gre.
Abhilash Mandula Abhilash Mandula Member Join date: Jan, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Sir i have completed my B.Tech with 63 % and i got 16 backlogs. Do i have any chance in getting a university seat in either canada or u.s. YTG Toefl and gre.
  • January 19, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9932 Trusted Advisor

Hi, US and Canadian Universities do not look at students with backlogs kindly and you might not get in to the better known Universities. On top it, the US embassy might also quiz you on why had so many backlogs and visas will be tough to get through. Nevertheless, you can always give it a try if you have a exceptional GRE and TOEFL scores. There is no concrete answer for your query. Look at scores of 315 range in GRE and 100 plus range in TOEFL. 

Else settle for a University in some other country which will accept you, do your Masters well and then you can seek to do your PhD in US later. 

All the best. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Sir i have completed my B.Tech with 63 % and i got 16 backlogs. Do i have any chance in getting a university seat in either canada or u.s. YTG Toefl and gre.'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.