One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
sports/fitness/nutrition degree in the usa
Marshal Rozario profile image Marshal Rozario Member Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hi, I have a Bachelors in Finance. I want to get a bachelors in exercise science from the United States, do i need to take the SAT or the GRE?
  • March 23, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Chelsea Curtis Chelsea Curtis Contributor Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 14 Points: 205 Trusted Advisor

Universities will vary in their admissions requirements. Most universities will ask you to submit SAT scores, but some schools waive this requirement for international students and ask only for a TOEFL or IELTS. The GRE is not necessary as this is usually only a requirement when applying to programs at the graduate level.

When searching for a university, it may be helpful to search for degree programs in Kinesiology as well as Exercise Science as a program in Kinesiology offers a broader scope and may yeild more results.

Best of luck!

Chelsea Curtis | AGU Global
Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

I accept what Ms. Chelsea has stated in her answer further, your BS in Finance will not give you any value and hence you need to apply for BS in Kinesiology and Exercise Science. Hence SAT I will be required for admission and for getting merit based scholarship.

Again in your USA visa interview you will need to answer why Bachelors again? I understand that taking SAT I test and hopefully receive some scholarship (which is mostly available at UG level) may probably help you in your USA student visa (F1) approval.

Most of the Indian students who have been accepted (I-20) by university are rejected by USA visa officer as potential immigrant (which means that the student will not come back to home country after completing of the USA program for various reasons). Most of the USA visa interview last on an average for 3 to 5 minutes (very short time to explain) and completing all required admission procedure including taking SAT I and TOEFL test helps in proving the USA visa officer on the student being genuine. 

Good Luck!

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'sports/fitness/nutrition degree in the usa'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.