One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 4 posts
Is it worth to study abroad for an undergraduate course?
Platel Keyur Platel Keyur Member Join date: Apr, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I am going to pass out 12th CBSE this year and planing to go abroad (more like to USA) for undergraduate studies(engineering). I ask this question to one of my canada staying relative , he replied that you will have to struggle more and it will be difficult for you to study in undergraduate course there. but you will not find more difficult if you study in india for undergraduate and then for master in usa is this really true? i really wanted to go to usa for undergraduate studies but he disappointed me, then also i want to go there . is there any benefit in doing undergraduate course there rather then in india? IF I LIKE TO LIVE THERE PERMANENTLY FOR WORKING AFTER COMPLETING MASTER OR STUDIES IN USA. please help me out ?
  • April 04, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate

Replies (4)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor
Hi, I strongly recommend you to study UG in abroad, if you have the marks and money and survival instincts. UG in India is good in some of the Top Universities or colleges but a large chunk of good colleges are far out of reach of students as the requirements could be 95% and above. Whereas with a good 80% marks, you can get in to Top Universities around the world. Plus the exposure of studying abroad will you a mature person. There are always challenges for a young kid to pursue UG or Masters abroad. But most Indian students adapt quite well after the initial hiccups and have done remarkably well. But selecting a right course and right University plus the right country will be very important. When it comes to admission abroad, you need to plan admissions well in advance plus if you are looking for Canada or US, you are required to write SAT plus TOEFL. So wish you all the best.
Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Puja Bhatia profile image Puja Bhatia Member Join date: Apr, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 10
Hello Platel :) Well I think it does not worth to study in USA for any undergraduate course. There are many problems with the fee payment. Incomes are stagnant, some parents are unemployed, and many can no longer get low-interest home-equity loans because home values have fallen. So families have turned to federal student Loans, and even much more expensive private loans. I was reading that article and they have mentioned that nearly a half-million students have signed up for “income-based repayment.” The program limits the amount of your income that you have to pay. And officials say many more students could be signing up for this program while they’re waiting for the economy to turn around. The bottom line is that there is very little financial aid available, and many international students do not study in the US because they cannot afford the expense. This is especially true forUndergraduate Education.
Manik Kumar profile image Manik Kumar Member Join date: Apr, 2013 Posts: 4 Points: 0

Hello Keyur, i believe studying UG program in US can be the best thing for you. The economy is fast reviving. Today only 65000 H-1B applications quota from India got filled in a single week(H-1B is the wok visa for US). You can imagine now when a country is recruiting so many Indian skilled workers, then the economy is certainly getting better. Also, US provides you with upto 29 months of work search visa which is called OPT as a guarantee when you finish your graduation from a local university. So my advise, just go for it if its financially feasible. 

Syed Ismail Zeeshan profile image Syed Ismail Zeeshan Member Join date: Jan, 2016 Posts: 1 Points: 10

Hi i am zeeshan,

I have completed my diploma in civil enginnering and want to my bachelors in architecture in abroad lyk milan european countries

It is worth doing my under graduate course in european country kindly suggest me i need help

Add a quick reply to 'Is it worth to study abroad for an undergraduate course?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.