One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Study in Australia or New Zealand
Tanmay Amrute profile image Tanmay Amrute Member Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 4 Points: 0
Hi, I will be completing my graduation in Commerce from Mumbai University in the year 2014. I am doing a course called GNIIT (Software Engineering) from National Institute of Information Technology (NIIT). It’s a 3 years course. I need to know that am I eligible for applying for MSc in Software Engineering in Australia or New Zealand after my graduation? And how much I need to score in IELTS?
  • June 16, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Australia

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi, Some Universities in Australia will accept the GNIIT courses. But there are lots of Universities in Australia which will accept students from Non-It background for MS IT programs and it is normally called Conversion courses and meant for a Non IT Bachelors students to get in to IT . 

UTS ( University of Technology, Sydney and JCU ( James Cook University) both run MS in IT programs where non IT students can apply. You need to have an IELTS of 6.5 and above to be eligible for admission. The general course fees will be in the range of 20,000 to 25,000 Dollars ( about 12 to 13 lakhs) per year. You need to show about 18,000 $ per year for visa. ( about 8 lakhs). In total, you need to budget about 25 to 30 lakhs for the program in Australia. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Study in Australia or New Zealand'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.