One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Study in Netherlands
Ganesh Bhusal profile image Ganesh Bhusal Member Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hi, I am Ganesh Bhusal from Nepal, I want to go study abroad especially in Netherlands .I have done MA in Sociology from Tribhuwan university with 59 percent marks; I also have IELTS overall 6 marks. Please which kind of subject related to Sociology for my further study n what are the requirements for enrollment.
  • September 11, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Netherlands

Replies (2)

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan profile image Ajay Sathyan Sathyan Expert Join date: Feb, 2012 Posts: 414 Points: 6045 Trusted Advisor

Hi, you can do Doctoral degree (PhD) Social Sciences courses. There is only 1 university, Utrecht University, which has 2 programs, found in our Uniguru website for Netherlands. There are many options available in UK, USA, and Australia, when compared with Netherlands.

A master's degree in sociology prepares for a wide variety of careers. Graduates of sociology master's degree programs are not limited to work in the field of sociology, which is primarily an academic discipline. Depending on a graduate's area of focus, they may work in careers like: Nonprofit management, Law enforcement, Human resource, Social issues consulting, Community college teaching etc.

Ajay Sathyan Sathyan | Uniguru
Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi, You can try in University of Amsterdam and University of Masstricht for good Masters in Sociology related programs. But I am not sure your 59% in UG is sufficient to gain admissions there. Plus most Universities would require a minimum of atleast 6.5 in IELTS and so would ask you to redo the IELTS and look at a higher score. 

All the best. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'Study in Netherlands '

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.