One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 5 of 10 posts
Study opportunity for MBA finance student
Punit Rastogi profile image Punit Rastogi Member Join date: Jul, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I have done MBA in finance and have work experience in Share Market. I want to pursue further studies to strengthen my academics.
  • July 30, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: Australia

Replies (10)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi, Finance is always a exciting industry and a good Masters from a Top University in Australia will help you gain employment in Australia. I would suggest you to look at one of the Top 10 Universities in Australia and try and do a 2 year Masters. You can look at Universities like MacQuarie, University of Sydney, UNSW, Univ of Melbourne, Monash, Adelaide, etc. The entry reuqirements could be tough and also you need to budget about 25 to 30 lakhs to complete the course. 

You can also look at Jobs in the area of Investment Banking, Equity Manager, Fund Management, etc. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Manish Sharma profile image Manish Sharma Member Join date: Feb, 2015 Posts: 4 Points: 40

Hi, I have done my bachelors in banking and finance. I got placed through my college and have been working in the same bank since the past 4 years. In these past 4 years I have also given many banking exams. And accounting is my first love. However I feel that it is time to move on. Seniors at work are asking me to go and pursue an MBA in finance, abroad. I would like to know which countries would be best suited for a finance course. Also if there are any other finance related courses that you think would add value please do suggest. Thanks a lot!    

Riya Saxena profile image Riya Saxena Member Join date: Feb, 2015 Posts: 1 Points: 10

Australia is THE place for finance. You have a lot of courses apart from an MBA. Depends on what you want to learn. Courses such as masters in applied finance, masters in banking and finance, financial analysis are what a lot of people are opting these days. However an MBA in finance is also a good option. Since you do have relevant work experience an MBA should not be an issue for you.  

Naina Arora profile image Naina Arora Member Join date: Feb, 2015 Posts: 1 Points: 10

If you see a lot of countries in Asia offer very good programmes in finance. Tuition fees in Asia are also generally lower than the Western countries, just like the living costs and other expenses in Asia.

Renelkah D'Souza profile image Renelkah D'Souza Member Join date: Feb, 2015 Posts: 3 Points: 30

I would suggest that you do an MBA in finance as students pursuing an MBA in Finance will gain both the financial skills and business skills. Also while studying in a B-school you have various internship opportunities. And in future with your experience and your knowledge from the banking exams you have given, an MBA degree is an added bonus. You will be able to demand for a higher position and a higher package.

Add a quick reply to 'Study opportunity for MBA finance student '

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.