One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
sustainable energy course at boras university ranking, job opporunities
Manoj Yadla Manoj Yadla Member Join date: Oct, 2012 Posts: 3 Points: 0
can i know wether this university suits for sustainable energy as i am basically a mechanical student i need to know more info and detailed version of this course
  • November 27, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: Sweden

Replies (1)

Kanimozhi K.L Kanimozhi K.L Expert Join date: Sep, 2012 Posts: 688 Points: 10665 Trusted Advisor

Hi Manoj, yes University of Boras is a very good choice.
* "The programme is aimed at providing you with skills and knowledge to be able to develop and introduce sustainable systems and technology in the material, energy and recycling sectors. The central focus of the programme is resource management and recycling of materials. The programme also aims at preparing you for PhD studies. A broad spectrum of different areas of engineering will be studied. To analyze and compare different alternatives of waste treatment, life cycle assessment becomes an important tool. Skills in oral and written presentations are also vital, if ideas and thoughts are to be communicated and applied successfully. The studies are strongly connected to the research areas bioethanol, biogas, biopolymers and energy recovery."
* year 1 
Resource Recovery, 7,5 ECTS
Energy Recovery Processes, 7,5 ECTS
Energy Recovery - Thermal Treatment, 7,5 ECTS
Modelling of Combustion Processes - Theory and Application, 7,5 ECTS
Life Cycle Assessment, 7,5 ECTS
Biofuels and Biological Treatments of Wastes, 7,5 ECTS
Process Design - Energy Carrier Production, 15 ECTS
* year 2
Degree Thesis, 60 ECTS credits 
To be admitted in the programme, you must have completed a bachelor's degree from an institution of higher education of three years or more equivalent to 180 credits (180 ECTS credits), in technology/engineering or science, of which at least 90 credits (90 ECTS credits) are within energy engineering, and at least 20 credits (20 ECTS credits) in mathematics/applied mathematics.
You need to score a 93 for the internet-based exam and 580 for the paper-based exam for TOEFL and 6.5 are required with a minimum score of 6.0 in each component of the academic IELTS. In regards to GRE you need to score 90% and above.
Here is the list of Swedish Universities who also offer Graduate courses in Sustainable Energy.
* Content Source:
Kanimozhi K.L | Uniguru Expert

Add a quick reply to 'sustainable energy course at boras university ranking'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.