One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
The admission process
Birendra Poudel profile image Birendra Poudel Member Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
I am from Nepal; I want to study Hotel management in USA. Recently I passed HNC in travel and tourism from London. Could you please provide me the right suggestion for admission?
  • June 01, 2012
  • Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (2)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi, If you want to do Bachelors of Hotel Management in USA, I would suggest you to take SAT and apply for good Universities in USA like Cornell University (one of the world best), Johnson and Wales University, etc. Also take TOEFL exams to prove your English capablity. You can also take a look at some other Universities like University of Nevada Las Vegas or Drexel University or Ferris State University, etc. I guess put your search words in Uniguru website and you will find a good number of Universities in USA. 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

USA attracts lot of international students as it is rated No. 1 choice in Hospitality Management. The reason is that most of the world’s biggest hotel and hospitality companies have the HO located in the United States. This provided good job opportunities for employment or internships.

Students need to take SAT I or ACT test for admission and scholarship purpose. International students from non-native English speaking country need to take TOEFL English proficiency test. There are scholarships available for international students and the scholarship availability depends on university funding for hospitality programs.

Most USA Universities have two intake FALL - August intake and SPRING - January intake. Students need to to apply 8 to 10 months before the intake date for admission or schorlarship purpose.

You further need to provide statement of purpose, three letter of recommendation, transcripts of last 4 years and financial documents for admission purpose.

Warm regards,

Richard Lasrado

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'The admission process'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.