One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
To decide whether to write GRE or work immediately after my bachelors......
Karthik Lukka profile image Karthik Lukka Member Join date: Mar, 2014 Posts: 2 Points: 0

Sir / Madam,

I am currently in 3rd year of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering at IIT Roorkee. I want to let you know my position and help me decide the path which better suits me. I have a desire to study Automobile Engineering in Germany or U.S.A. But,presently I study on loan.So,I am in dilemma whether to write GRE or do job after graduation.I feel depressed  that inspite of my high aims,I couldn't reach any of them.I would be grateful to whosover gives me suggestions regarding my career.

My CGPA : 7.7 ( Upto 6 Semesters).

Extra circulars : Yoga

Internship : BHEL,Haridwar.

• May 11, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (2)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Karthik,

You seem to be depressed too early in your career. You have a long way to go and you should be patient. I understand that you wish to achieve early but you need to take your financial consideration as well. US education is expensive thou you could apply and try to maximum scholarship.

Apply to USA Universities which are promoting scholarship for MS in Automobile Engineering. Similarly Germany offer FREE tuition in public universities. However, German language could be requirement in few universities. Moreover accommodation and living expenses is expensive in Germany.

So take your GRE and try to score well. Apply in early October 2014 scholarship in FALL 2015 intake for USA. Apply to good numbers of universities in both USA and Germany. Fulfill all their admission requirements and wait for the admission offers. Consider universities that offer maximum scholarship to decide if you wish to study now or later.

Thank you. All the best!

Best regards,

Richard Lasrado 

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre
Ashwin Sriram Ashwin Sriram Expert Join date: Jul, 2014 Posts: 50 Points: 720

Hi Karthik.

There is no reason to be depressed over this. If something works out it's great but if it doesn't then it shouldn't be treated as the worst thing in the world. There are lots of Unis that offer scholarships based on merit, financial position and test scores. Come down to our offices in Chennai or Delhi or register on our site -

In about a month's time, we'll have a scholarship search tool on the homepage that allows you to explore the scholarship options available for you based on your specific scores. Look up your options, talk to our advisors and work out a strategy to study abroad. Don't feel too disheartened about having to bear a great amount of expense to do it. There are lots of funding options you can explore, bank loans, scholarships and part-time jobs abroad to fund your living expenses. So think it through and plan out your future today. The staff at Hotcourses can help you chart out a plan and it's all free of cost. You won't have to pay anything to get their services.

Team Hotcourses India (formerly Uniguru)

Add a quick reply to 'To decide whether to write GRE or work immediately after my bachelors......'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.