One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
To do MBA...whats actual IELTS score needed ?
Fahrima Pritha profile image Fahrima Pritha Member Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 2 Points: 0
I want to know about IELTS score, if I want to go for MBA
  • March 19, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: Australia

Replies (1)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

To do MBA in USA or UK, you can write either IELTS or TOEFL. For Australia or New Zealand, you need to do IELTS. Most Universities require a 6.5 with no band less than 6 for MBA in Australia. But some Top notch Universities require 7.0 with no band less than 6.5 in each section. 

Most Indian students do well in IELTS and so many UK universities exempt Indian students from writing IELTS or TOEFL based on their 12th standard results. 

An ideal preparation time for IELTS is about a month and most Indian students tend to score less in the "Reading" section and so focus a little more on this section. The other sections in IELTS are " Writing", "Speaking" and "Listening". 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants

Add a quick reply to 'To do MBA...whats actual IELTS score needed ?'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.