One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 4 posts
Bharathi Esakkimuthu profile image Bharathi Esakkimuthu Member Join date: Jun, 2012 Posts: 2 Points: 0
I am currently entering my third year in Electronics And Communication Engineering in Chennai. I have been short listing colleges I’m interested in some of them accept both IELTS and TOEFL. While some of them specify what is needed. Since I will be taking the tests before applying to any of the universities, which one do I take? Also please tell me if either one is better or easier.
  • June 27, 2012

Replies (4)

Gigeo Sakkaryas Gigeo Sakkaryas Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 685 Points: 9937 Trusted Advisor

Hi, TOEFL is widely accepted in all Universities in USA. IELTS is also gaining acceptablity among US Universities. Practically, there is very little difference between TOEFL and IELTS. TOEFL is a Internet Based Exam (IBT) whereas IELTS is Pen and paper based. Otherwise both of them test you on 4 sections, Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking. One is not easier than the other. 

If you are looking at US, I would suggest you to write TOEFL . 

Gigeo Sakkaryas | IMTP Consultants
Latha R Latha R Member Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 10

Ray Pp profile image Ray Pp Member Join date: Jun, 2016 Posts: 8 Points: 130

We offer our exclusive clients the ability to gain IELTS,TOEFL,ESOL AUTODESK certificates without taking the exams. The regions we cover are Asia ,UAE, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Jordan,Kuwait ,Australia ,Canada and Europe Purchase Real and Novelty Passports,id cards,Visas,Drivers License ,Counterfeits Email us at for details Are you trying to change your nationality ? do you need work papers ? do you want to travel ? do you need papers you cant have ?

Usha A4n profile image Usha A4n Contributor Join date: Aug, 2016 Posts: 23 Points: 200

Toefl is most commonly used

Add a quick reply to 'TOEFL OR IELTS'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.