1 800 103 2581
- March 14, 2012
- Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: New Zealand
To the best of my knowledge Diploma/Masters degree in Fashion/Clothing Technology is not available for overseas students at any institution in New Zealand.
Unlike some other countries, the New Zealand Government offers some scholarships to international students. However the number of scholarship places is limited so it is important to apply early, and is awarded on merits of your percentage.
• There are up to 28 scholarships awarded per year to international students. These are awarded on the basis of academic merit
• LEARN (Livestock Emissions and Abatement Research Network) Fellowship
• LEARN offers up to nine scholarships per year to scientists and technicians from developing countries.
You can apply for as many scholarships as you like. If you are offered more than one scholarship, but, you will need to check with the individual organisations, to see if you can hold different scholarships at the same time, and based on your course subject.
You can also check with Massey University Scholarship.
UCOL – Polytechnic and Institute of Technology New Zealand started in 1906 and government-funded institute of technology and polytechnic with three campuses in the lower half of the North Island of New Zealand offers a Graduate Diploma in Fashion is a one-year, Level 7 programme. This programme aims to enable you to achieve an educational experience that supports an advanced level of aesthetic, technical and analytical development through creative application.
• A Bachelor degree, or higher from an accredited provider in a relevant field.
• Graduate equivalency for those who can demonstrate appropriate practical, professional or educational experience.
International students are required to have IELTS of 6.0, or equivalent.
Not much scholarships available but excellent job prospects after the course. It is a one year course and will cost approx 18,000 NZ $ ( about 7.2 lakhs Indian Rupees).