One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 2 posts
Sugest good masters course for dental graduate execpt MS in dentisry
Chandni Singh Raina Chandni Singh Raina Member Join date: Aug, 2013 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Helo there, I am a dental graduate and i want to pursue my higher studies in UK(london particularly). The problem is, doing masters in dental surgery seems to be very costly process. As I am not interested in continuing dentistry further, so can u please suggest me some other courses like MBA and all..that can give me global exposure as well as a well settled carrier. I have checked some MBA courses in london universities but as i am a dental graduate so the entry requirement for masters is not suiting me. please et me know any other good courses that i can pursue keeping in mind my proposed investment which is 5-10 lakhs. Would be thankful. Regards Raina
  • August 30, 2013
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate

Replies (2)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Hello Chandni,

I do not think your budget os 5-10 lakhs will be sufficient for London, UK study. Thou UK courses are of shorter length (mostly 1 year) and are intensive saving money and time. Also gives you opportunity to work early and start earning money faster.

Good universities in London for MBA will require some years of work experience and a strong statement of purpose. It will be good if you email your profile to individual university to check your eligibility. Further, you could check each university website for admission requirement. Some university have profile of students accepted which will give you better idea of your admission chances.

Otherwise it will be good if you consider MS in Management or other Management/Business related majors that does not require work experience and will accept your profile. However, you need to increase your budget to minimum 15-18 lacs for universities in London for courses other than MBA. MBA handbook for UK is available which will provide your past salary and other details which will help you in your selection of university.

Finally you could only apply to TIER 4 list of register sponsor of UKBA as international students. 

Good luck!

Regards, Richard Lasrado, Education Abroad Counselling Centre, Mumbai, India

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre
Edward Barnes Edward Barnes Member Join date: Jun, 2013 Posts: 6 Points: 78 Trusted Advisor

Richard's advice is good. I would add, though, that there are some HEIs offering international MBAs some of which don't require work experience. A good option if you want to be near to London but want to avoid the higher maintenance is Bucks New University.

A key question is what IELTS score do you have and when was it awarded? 

Edward Barnes | Very Educated ltd

Add a quick reply to 'Sugest good masters course for dental graduate execpt MS in dentisry'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.