One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
Undergrad in USA vs MS in USA
Arnav Garg Arnav Garg Member Join date: Mar, 2014 Posts: 1 Points: 1

I am currently a Class 12 student in India. I have been admitted to Univ of Texas @ Arlington (USA) in Computer Engg for Fall 14 with in-state tuition and USD 4000/- scholarship per year. I still have to pay balance tuition of USD 6000 per year, plus approx USD 11000 per year towards living costs, books, medical insurance and other Misc expenditure. My dad says that he can either fund my Undergrad education in USA or Masters in USA, but not both. I am confused whether I should do undergrad in India and Masters in USA or the other way around ? \ Also, with my Dad's financial conditions as above, how feasible and risky would it be for me to do undergrad in USA funded by my dad and plan my Masters in USA on my own steam ?  Please advise. Thanx.

• March 17, 2014
  • Preferred qualification: Undergraduate

Replies (1)

Beaula Maria Beaula Maria Contributor Join date: Feb, 2014 Posts: 17 Points: 265

Hi Arnav,

Under graduation is expensive when compared to post graduation in USA but, since you have already got an admission in University of Texas Arlington which is one of the best university in USA, you can take it up to do your UG. You can try for Education loan/sponsorship which will support you financially. 

Yes, sponsoring for both UG and PG is quite difficult for parents but it again depend on your performance in your UG and get placed in campus interview or any other jobs. After gaining work experience, you can do your master degree from your savings which is difficult for you but it works out well if you plan your education systematically.

Doing UG in India and Masters in USA is also preferable but it again depends on your UG score to get placed in decent Universities for PG in USA.

Add a quick reply to 'Undergrad in USA vs MS in USA'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.