One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
University of Florida vs. San Diego State University
Alastair Cooper profile image Alastair Cooper Member Join date: May, 2012 Posts: 1 Points: 0
Hey, I'm from Australia and am looking to do a student exchange programme for 6 months to one of these Universities. My major is Construction Management at RMIT in Melbourne, and the courses at the US Universities are B.S. of Building Construction at University of Florida and B.S. of Construction Engineering and Management at San Diego State University. I was just wondering which course you would recommend for me to exchange to for a semester? Thanks so much. From Al.
  • May 11, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

Good Morning!

I assume that RMIT has student exchange in place with the USA Universities you mentioned and you have received offer to join them.

RMIT and University of Florida is ranked as per QS Civil and Structural Ranking 2011. Hence, I believe University of Florida should be the obvious choice. However, your interest, curriculum you will learn and the type of research available at both the USA Universities is equally important which you will know through correspondence with professors and students.

I will recommend you to email your SOP to the professors of University of Florida so that they have idea about what you expect after your program. The professors will be able to suggest and guide you based on your SOP and your resume. Try to email few students pursuing same program from University of Florida and make them friends. All this will help you during your stay in USA. Make the best use of this short period as this could give better shape to your career. All the Best!

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'University of Florida vs. San Diego State University'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.