One-stop shop for Indian students interested in overseas education Enroll at one of our trusted Uni partners from Australia, US, UK and other countries Call us free on
1 800 103 2581
  • Viewing 1 posts
University of Missouri, Kansas city and southern Illinois university - Which one is best
Srikanth Thota profile image Srikanth Thota Member Join date: Apr, 2012 Posts: 2 Points: 0
Dear Sir, I got admission in University of Missouri, Kansas city and southern Illinois university, Edwardsville for doing MS in electrical engineering for the fall 2012 semester. Please provide me which university is good for EE and the chances of getting aid in the universities
  • April 13, 2012
  • Preferred qualification: Postgraduate | Preferred study destination: United States

Replies (1)

Richard Lasrado Richard Lasrado Expert Join date: Mar, 2012 Posts: 344 Points: 5001 Trusted Advisor

I do not have any department wise comparison between the two USA Universities provided by you. In University of Missouri the two campuses that have better EE dept ranking are Columbia and Rolla Campus. Similarly Southern Illinois University - Carbondale campus has better EE ranking.

If you want us to compare between two USA universities i.e., between University of Missouri - Kansas City and Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville than both seems to be in the same range with SIUE having edge in coursework, infrastructure facilities, etc and UMKC has edge in the average starting salary package. 

The I-20 will reflect if you have received any scholarship from the university and if not you need to correspond with each university to find your scholarship chances and accordingly decide which meets your need better.

Richard Lasrado | Education Abroad Counselling Centre

Add a quick reply to 'University of Missouri'

Send me an email after each new answer/comment

Make sure your answer/comment follows the community guidelines.